Only sponsors can change the spending limits for their funds and users, but they can't go below the amount their users have already spent (let's call it X). So if a user has used up X amount of their limit (L) for transaction fees, the sponsor can't set the limit lower than X. At that point, the user will have L - X left to spend. The sponsor can reduce the limit all the way down to X, in which case the user won't have any funds left. This same rule applies to borrowed funds given to the user for the reserve.
To update the pot limits, follow these steps.
- Go to https://nodleprotocol.io/#/accounts. Select Nodle Mainnet.
- Navigate to the Developer tab. Click Extrinsics from the pull-down menu.
- Select the sponsorship pallet. Select sponsorship from the submit the following extrinsic menu.
- Then, select the updatePotLimits function. Select updatePotLimits from the drop-down menu. The pot limits are applicable for the entire pot and across users of the pot.
- Enter the pot ID. Under the pot section, enter the pot ID for which you want to update or modify the limits. By default, it is 0.
- Update the fee limit. Enter the new value under newFeeQuota. This is for modifying the transaction fee limit.
- Update the reserve quota limit. Enter the new value under newReserveQuota. This is for modifying the reserve quota fee limit.
- Click Submit Transaction. Authorize the transaction by entering your password.
- Click Sign and Submit. The fund limits get updated if the submission is successful.