Sponsors can create pots with funds and register users to use the funds in the pot. Here, the pot is virtual and only represents usage limits. These funds remain liquid and usable at all times. However, the transactions may fail if a sponsor’s wallet doesn’t have the actual funds.
To create a pot with funds, follow these steps.
- Go to https://nodleprotocol.io/#/accounts. Select Nodle Mainnet.
- Navigate to the Developer tab. Click Extrinsics from the pull-down menu.
- Select the sponsorship pallet. Select sponsorship from the submit the following extrinsic menu. The createPot option is displayed at the top.
- Enter a unique pot ID. The default is 0. Enter whole numbers only.
- Select the sponsorship type. For example, AnySafe for any safe transactions on the chain, Unique for NFTs. Some categories can be further broken down into specific ones, such as NFTMinting.
- Set the limit for the fee quota. Set the limit for the fee quota as shown in the above image. This fee quota is for any transaction fee incurred. Enter a big number (preferably, greater than or equal to 11 digits) in integers, no fractions.
- Next, set the reserve quota. Again enter a whole number without fractions or decimals (11 digits or more). This amount is used for any reserves or deposits (such as the ones required by NFTs).
- Click Submit Transaction. Enter your account password and authorize the transaction as shown below.
- Click Sign and Submit. Once the transaction is successful, the pot is created with the defined reservation and fee limits.